Saturday, January 17, 2015

Welcome!

I've been toying around with this idea for a while. Another blog. What am I doing? Well, I'm just going for it. That's what I'm doing. 

Who am I? I'm Dawn. I'm an artist. I'm a mom to two boys. (Three if you count my husband, which I usually sometimes do.) I'm an occasional knitter. I'm a part-time art teacher. I'm a full-time essential oil addict. In my mind, I could be a fantastic home make-over designer/Martha Stewart type. My pinterest boards make me look like I could be that woman. Of course, in my mind, I also could be a super-model, complete with windswept hair. So you might want to take all that with a grain of salt. 

I realized a few years ago (why did it take me so long to learn this?) that I really needed to take care of myself. It's So Essential. I need to do things for me, and not just things for my kids. That saying: If Momma ain't happy, ain't no one happy really does hold some water.

So this is me...

                                                                      ...and that is one of my paintings behind me. 

This blog will be about me taking care of me, and taking care of my family, and trying to be healthy, and you know, trying to be pinterest worthy. Although, pinterest fails will very certainly be included because they are funny! And too often you have to laugh or cry, so you might as well laugh as much as you can.

See my greatest pinterest success here. It's not my project. I haven't attempted it. I thought it was a good idea, so I pinned it. And apparently a whole lot of other people agreed because it has been repinned close to 900 times. SUCCESS! is where you choose to find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment